Aha! Cue shameless namedropping.

Famous Seamus once fixed me with an eagle eye and demanded to know
where the name "Croggon" came from. I shared a taxi with Anne Carson
in London.  I had tea and buns with Jeremy Prynne on a William Morris
carpet. I have enjoyed a number of hyper conversations with John
Kinsella. Les Murray has slept on my floor and once drove me to
Melbourne from Canberra. I went betting on horses with John Forbes and
won on every race, so I bought him lunch. I'm sure I've said hello to
other famous people.

Some of these encounters mean more to me than others, some of these
people I am very fond of. But meeting poets without the headline
cachet but who are nevertheless brilliant has meant just as much to
me. Sometimes much more.

(I would have liked to hear Basil Bunting).

I don't think celebrity has much to do with poetry.

As one does, I interviewed a number of celebs when I was a journalist.
The only person who ever reduced me to total tongue-tied awkwardness
was Graeme Chapman from Monty Python (to me, he was a real legend). He
was incredibly kind to me in a way I have never forgotten. But he was
also a paralysingly shy person in his youth.

All the best

Alison

--
Editor, Masthead:  http://www.masthead.net.au