My mother also used that phrase, so thanks for clearing that up. Mother
called Father 'Adie' as his name was Adrian, and Father called Mother
'Jonesy' after her maiden name. My bad sense of humour comes from himself.
E.g., he used to stand at the front door and yell out, 'Are you carmen,
Jones?' It weren't the cat's whisker, that one ...

Andrew