If pre-adolescents like him, he can't exactly be a poet who withdraws
poetry into the academy, as Keilor and others sneeringly claim. Which
is really my point.

A few of my favourite writers around that time are very problematic.
Pound, for instance, or Djuna Barnes, who is very anti-Semitic. Even
David Jones professed admiration for Oswald Mosley. I guess moral
purity is too much to ask from most artists, as most human beings.

All best

Editor, Masthead:  http://www.masthead.net.au
Blog: http://theatrenotes.blogspot.com
Home page: http://www.alisoncroggon.com