Kasper says

> "... without myth" is splendid.

I agree.

> the rest is unconnected & uninviting (though the imagery bits are clear &
> good).

It is hard to make a connection between the final stanza and the rest --
between the nature images and the people (beings?) and room.
The word "graceless" seems to be the key.

I wouldn't call it "uninviting" though.  The reader is invited to find a
connection in their own way.

Janet

> On 01/02/07, Caleb Cluff <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >
> > Am I so graceless, unable to see
> > at the first cautious whisper of rain,
> >
> > how the gum offers slight green gossip,
> >
> > how the dung beetle, anthracite teardrop,
> > goes about his task without myth,
> >
> > how your eternal face fell
> > as we left the room.

Janet Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Poems at Proximity:
http://www.proximity.webhop.net

The choice is between nonviolence and nonexistence.
                                 Martin Luther King Jr.