FYI

The Experiential Knowledge Conference 2007:
NEW KNOWLEDGE IN THE CREATIVE DISCIPLINES
Date: Friday 29 June 2007

ANNOUNCEMENT: We are pleased to announce that online registration is now
open for the Experiential Knowledge Conference 2007, which will be held on
29th of June 2007 at the University of Hertfordshire. EKC2007 will address
the theme of “New Knowledge in the Creative Disciplines” and explore what is
understood as (new) knowledge in research and creative practice, and what
role it plays in defining the research agenda.

EKC 2007 is the first in a series of biennial conferences concerned with the
issue and understanding of experiential knowledge in research and practice.
The Experiential Knowledge Conferences will address specific themes with the
aim of bringing together researchers and practitioners from different
disciplines.

In this respect, we are delighted about the great response to our conference
call with 76 abstract submissions from 20 countries! The great interest
promises to make the conference a truly international event with challenging
multi-vocal debates around the conference themes, and to facilitate exchange
and cross-fertilization between the creative disciplines and other
practice-led disciplines such as education and knowledge management.

For further information, please visit the Conference Website:
http://www.art-design.herts.ac.uk/ekc/ekc1.html
To register for EKC2007, please choose “registration” from the menu and
follow the link to the “online registration form”.

With kind regards,

Kristina Niedderer
Linden Reilly
Chris Smith
Rob Godman

Host Institution: University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
Collaborating Institution: London Metropolitan University, London, UK
Further Support: Journal of Visual Arts Practice, NAFAE, Design Research
Society, Middlesex University/DART: AHRC-funded collaborative doctoral
training.

Contact: Dr Kristina Niedderer [log in to unmask]
Conference home page: http://www.art-design.herts.ac.uk/ekc/ekc1.html

For information on the Experiential Knowledge Conference 2007:
http://www.art-design.herts.ac.uk/ekc/ekc1.html
Dr Kristina Niedderer
Postdoctoral Researcher
Faculty for the Creative & Cultural Industries
University of Hertfordshire
College Lane
Hatfield
Herts
AL10 9AB

tel: +44 (0)1707 286 103 (or ext. 3103)
fax: +44 (0)1707 285 350
email: [log in to unmask]
web: www.herts.ac.uk/artdes1/research/tvad/niedderer1.html

For information on the Experiential Knowledge Project:
web: www.herts.ac.uk/artdes1/research/tvad/ekp.html