I think this is a difficult situation, do we make assessment on all other sick leave, people could be off for cosmetic  procedures/ psychological impact of conditions/ life  circumstances /physical problems/ mental health problems, it can be endless, and are all the others questioned?
 Just something to think about!

Helen

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Amanda Savage
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 8:07 AM
  Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Elective/plastic surgery

  Not sure if this has been asked before but can I ask if other organisations
  give 'sick time' for plastic surgery? We have an employee who is having a
  tatoo removed & feels it should be 'sick leave' rather than in his own
  annual leave time. Previously we have had a woman who had a breast
  reduction but there was a medical need so it was given as sick time but
  with regards to the tatoo Im just not sure. Personnel have asked for my
  opinion.
  Any comments would be most welcome.
  Manda

  FORTHCOMING CONFERENCES AND EVENTS:

  For Occupational Health jobs, go to http://OHJobs.drmaze.net

  Find out about Occupational Health Nursing Education in UK at
  http://home.wlv.ac.uk/~in6232/aohne/