Tracey does not have to tell anyone anything and she was advised by her barrister not to do so. I guess that he knows the law well enough to advise her correctly.

I agree with you that I too would like to know when there has been a breach of my confidentiality - but then what you don't know, you don't know. It could have been breached many times and I would not know! I understand there was some research about 15 years ago that demonstrated that circa 300 people have access to hospital medical records. Don't ask me to give you a ref because I cannot find it and only wish I could - so if anyone has details on it I would love to know. So much for confidential medical records!

Greta
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">N. Rostami
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 2:26 PM
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Medical confidentiality scenarios

Greta,

I only remember parts of this case. I may be wrong in presuming that the prospective employee is suing. However, I am interested to know how it is legal for Tracy to hold this information back from this person????

If it was my notes that have been accessed by unauthorised people then I would want to know and feel that I would have the right to know…