Neil,

I have been sent this e-mail too and I believed it was a hoax e-mail coming from America.
I did however double check with our first aid provider and a paramedic who comes on site to carry out first aid training and they had never heard of this technique.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Kirsten Shedden
Occupational Health Advisor
(RGN, Dip OH University of Warwick,Tech IOSH)
fasset
business and property solutions

'Office:
+44 (0)23 9249 7622