Apart from the brief aside with Jeremy which started this thread, I’ve kept quiet.  However I agree 100% with you Caroline,

after surviving 27 years in the TA with banter from day one…… as they say “if you can’t stand the heat…….”   Service banter is the only abuse that survives with all  involved persons knowing full-well that there is no malice intended!!

Regards, Bob

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Caroline Russell
Sent: 20 February 2007 11:12
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] The Army, navy and Air Force

Well said James, Service banter is what makes us so great at what we do. I spent 22yrs in the Army (woman and girl!!) and the thing I miss more than anything else is the banter, I've yet to find anything to rival it. Trust me I never had a problem with being called a pongo!!

Caroline Russell ARRC RGN Bsc (Hons)

OHN(SP)

wlv.ac.uk/~in6232/aohne/