Agree Bob

But what else can you expect from an organisation that is punishing OH practitioners for obtaining
a qualification, in most cases out of their own pockets, because the NMC set a standard that no one
else in the speciality agreed with.

I think Neil's point about the nurse in this is very telling, the NMC couldn't give a flying
........... about nurses as long as we pay them money, bottom line a pointless waste of time.

I think in NMC's case Bob KISS is the wrong way round, should read Keep It Stupid, Simple!!!

Cheers

Pete

>>> Robert Dunn              <[log in to unmask]>
27/02/2007 10:58 >>>
Neil, I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments, especially about it being
wordy !!

On reading through it the first thought to pass through my mind was not
"Wow, this is really going to protect the public and my practice" , it was
"whoever wrote this has a copy of 'Desiderata' and the wall of their office
( http://www.fleurdelis.com/desiderata.htm ) as it reads in the same manner.

By all means let the NMC try and do their job, but please save us from the
typical language of governmental type, pseudo-civil service based,
bureaucratic language.

The military have a principle that should be applied to this 'work of
prose', it is KISS !!    Namely: Keep It Simple Stupid....!!!  There is no
need to mend what is not broken.

Are the NMC telling us that they got the current version of the Code of
Conduct wrong??  Are they telling us that the current version is not
protecting the public?? Are they telling us that professionalism is
declining within the nursing profession because practitioners are not
following the current version??  I think not!!  This has all the hallmarks
of having been thought up by a 'jobsworth' who probably isn't on the NMC
Register in the first place..........

Comments anyone??

Regards, Bob