Hi all

I have worked with both Dr and nurse led services.  I have to say in
my experience the nurse led service was better with maintaining an
organised approach to the service being delivered.  However, everyone
had their part to play within the team including the admin team with
assisting in the service.

What i liked about it was the ability for the nurses who led the
service for want a better phrase 'triaged' cases so that they could
be best managed as we all had our own specialties e.g. rehab, risk
assessments etc.. They knew everyones skills well and drew the
attention of this to all who worked there whenever we needed advice
etc.. So inevitably we learned off one another.  The OHPs were also
invaluable one of whom was great with cases with strong legal
implications another was great in assisting with pension and ill
health retiral issues.  I suppose it depends on the demands and type
of service.  Equal respect allows a practitioner to flourish and
allows for confidence to improve.  I am happy to work in an
environment which brings our potential as a practitioner.

Regards

Steph