From: John Caffrey [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 16 February 2007 07:12
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] REFERENCES

Tracy

You will find that these bland references are now becoming more and more
common these days.  I worked for a major multinational immediately
before my current role with another multinational.  Both organisations
have the policy of providing only the basic information that you have
quoted.  It is against their policy to state anything about the
capabilities of the individual and his or her aptitudes, attendance,
including disciplinary record etc.  Saves being sued by the individual
for a bad reference and the new employer for too good of a reference.

You might want to check with the employer that issued the reference as
to what their policy is before assuming that a bland reference is a "bad
reference".

Cheers

John