Hi ellie

 As an OH practitioner, you are required to make an assessment on the evidence that you have . She has divulged that she has a concern which may result in some modification of her job role.

 If she is unwilling, or unable to allow you access to this information which will enable  you to carry out a risk assessment then you have to raise this as a HR concern .. In my opinion you are unable to provide the company with an informed opinion as you do not have the information required to make a judgement.

The fact that she has been absent for 8months suggests to me that there has been a significant concern maybe she has  a fear of the consequence of her illness, do you have a counsellor who may help her to explore her anxieties? is she anxious regarding her future with the company, or is she just "trying it on" what ever the reason I feel caution should be executed when making this decision

 Julesx