Hi Veronica

I think that we all agree that if medical intervention is required then it
should be offered, however the first line of intervention is her line
manager to rule out or exclude other non medical causes .

 Many managers use OCC health when they find it difficult to confront the
individual with a problem.. we are used to do the dirty work (pardon the
pun)

 Occupational health should be used for real professional issues .>We can
however advise and coach managers on how to deal with such issues we
should not devalue ourselves, or the role of the manager who should be
looking after the welfare of their team

 hope this helps

Julie