Jean and Crumbers,

>  I would like to suggest that the nice thing with the new media is that a lot of intermediary bodies and people are present in the Blogosphère or the Internet, that are not exactly "amateurs" but operating outside the university settings.
. What I want to point out is that knowledge is dependant to
a certain degree on validation systems. Rather than a crisis
of knowledge, I'd suggest it is a crisis of certain
validation systems.

This is actually a very important point. Myself, I am not in
a University and I didn't follow the normal university path
to do what I am doing now.
So, I would add that may be the crisis is when this field is
starting to institutionalised itself and to be (with
difficulties, sure) integrated in universities and
traditionnal institutions and validation systems when at the
same time the tools for the intermediary bodies are more and
more powerful and user-friendly.

Annick

Annick Bureaud ([log in to unmask])
tel/fax : 33/ (0)143 20 92 23