medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture Message
I seem to have started off an avalanche of discussion by forwarding Meg's query to the archivists' discussion list.  I wont send everything on to our list but there are one or two items that may be of interest to this list.  Re the suggestion below, anyone offering to collect a 'wet' petition?

Rosemary
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 10:05 AM
Subject: RE: BL cuts petition

Rosemary,

It may be possible to submit a public petition to the House of Commons. I can't see anything, following a cursory glance, on their information sheet to indicate it is restricted. You can check with the Clerk whose number is on the page I link to below.

http://www.parliament.uk/parliamentary_publications_and_archives/publicpetitions.cfm

However, it is not an electronic system giving you the problem of needing "wet" signatures.

Petitions to the Scottish Parliament may be made electronically and submitted or supported by anyone. However, this is not an area the Scottish Parliament can act upon so probably not a viable option.

Overseas supporters may wish to note the BL's own plea for support and use this channel.

http://www.bl.uk/spendingreview.html

I don't think I've actually progressed your aim but I hope the background info is useful.

Regards,

Susan

Susan Mansfield
Information Services Manager