Greetings all,
I´m trying to find a good english translation for an Icelandic word
"hallkvæmur" used in the context of "My  hallkvæmur guardian angel, Michael".
The dictionaries say it means something like "useful, reliable"; even
if I change that to "trustworthy" of the like I don´t find the term really suitable to
the dignity of a guardian angel. Etymologically the word appears to be
a composite of elements meaning "hold" and "come"; I´m wondering if this
is a loan translation of some very obvious Latin word that I´m missing?
Or are there standard epithets that go with Michael that might fit the
general meaning?
Thanks,
Meg

to: [log in to unmask]