Dear colleagues

In a sermon to beguines by Nicholas de Gorran (from the collection of
sermons preached at the Paris beguinage in 1272-73 edited by Nicole Beriou)
Nicholas warns his listeners that they should not go to the tavern where
they will spend in an evening all they have earned in a week, drink too much
and 'occides caput tuum' - I'm guessing this means get a hangover?

(I'm not sure of the  relevance of this advice to the beguines: the point of
the story is always to be aware of the consequences of your actions).

If anyone can help with the translation of this phrase, I would be grateful,

Cate

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]