Dear colleagues -- However some self-defences may be (and often are) justified, I wish to flag Gordon's comment. As a list owner, few things bother me so much as seeing otherwise mature people engaging in time-wasting via the list. If someone has offended another, then further discussion of the offence must be continued OFFLINE, please.

Fortunately, I can say that the usual rate of people joining and leaving the list has not changed a jot over recent weeks, despite what some of Gordon's friends have told him. Thank goodness for that.

I am aware of my messages of this nature causing amusement or consternation to some, but I would like everyone to know that I would rather be doing ANYTHING other than nagging some people (often the same people) to act responsibly.

Let us return to our scheduled broadcasting, please; thank you.

George Ferzoco