** apologies for cross-postings **

I am pleased to announce the Digital Futures, 5-day training course
for  21st - 25th May 2007.
http://www.digitalconsultancy.net/digifutures/

Digital Futures focuses on the creation, delivery and preservation of
digital resources from cultural and memory institutions. Lasting five
days, Digital Futures is aimed at managers and other practitioners
from the library, museum, heritage and cultural sectors looking to
understand the strategic and management issues of developing digital
resources from digitisation to delivery.

Digital Futures will cover the following core areas:

+ Planning and management
+ Fund raising and finance
+ Sustainability
+ Copyright
+ Metadata - introduction and implementation
+ Implementing digital resources
+ Digital preservation
+ Strategic issues
+ Group and individual exercises throughout the week

Items of special note for 2007 are:
+ Visit to the National Gallery to see digital camera and digital
delivery systems
+ Visit to another major national cultural organisation to see
digitisation activities (tbc - previous visits include the National
Archives and Kew Gardens)

See the full programme at:
http://www.digitalconsultancy.net/digifutures/digiprog.htm

Registration is available at:
http://www.digitalconsultancy.net/digifutures/digireg.htm

Digital Futures is led by Simon Tanner (KDCS) and Tom Clareson (PALINET).

Please email us if you have any questions and even if you can't come,
I would be grateful if you could pass this information to any you
think might be interested.

All my best,
	Simon

More information on KDCS: http://www.digitalconsultancy.net/
More information on PALINET: http://www.palinet.org/
Simon Tanner
Director,  King's Digital Consultancy Services
King's College London
Kay House, 7 Arundel Street, London WC2R 3DX
tel: +44 (0)20 7848 1678 or +44 (0)7887 691716
email: [log in to unmask]
www.digitalconsultancy.net

Digital Futures: from digitization to delivery: 5-day training event
21st - 25th May 2007, London, UK.
http://www.kdcs.kcl.ac.uk/digifutures/