At Aberdeen University we charge library users for all ILL requests. We
wonder what other libraries, who charge for ILLs, do about requests from
defaulting users (those who at the time the request is submitted are
known to have fines or outstanding invoices on their library record).

Do you refuse to process the request and inform the user that the
request will not proceed until the fine is paid?

Do you process the request but only allow consultation of the loan in
the library?

Do you treat the request differently if it is for a copy rather than a
loan?  The request has been paid for so it is processed and supplied.

Any other comments?

I will summarise responses for the list.

Thanks,

Sheona

Sheona Farquhar

Technical Services Manager