Many thanks to everyone who sent me their helpful advice. Most of the
replies I've received have recommended comb-binding as it keeps everything
securely bound and it's not too bulky. This seems like a very good idea as
I can imagine that my portfolio falling out of a ring binder would not
make a great first impression!

Thanks again for all your suggestions,
Ken