Message

I have no personal expertise in this but I will chip in anyway and offer an idea that came up at a conference last month. The conference was on careers management skills and one institution (I wish I could remember which) had careers materials and a careers officer in a corner of a café. Perhaps this could work to some extent for learning support (though obviously not for confidential work). Outreach and coffee in reach?!

Nicola.

From: learning development in higher education network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Pauline Ridley
Sent: 16 February 2007 14:54
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Central or locally provided support

Thanks Jane.

We have five separate campuses here with a library on each site and only a partial fit between Schools and sites. I'm trying to find out optimum location for a potential new advisory service, given limited staffing and space available anywhere at any level. Does anyone have experience to add to what's been said here so far about relative merits of different locations?

Pauline