I have been deaf for years although worse in recent years and work in
healthcare, but I never knew half of the equipment that is available, or the
support that is out there.  Much of my recent learning has been via the UK
Health Professionals with hearing loss (UKHPHL) mailing group - what a
fabulous resource.  Its very helpful being able to ask if someone else has
tried a bit of equipment and found it useful rather than buying it and
finding it a waste of time.  Its handy both for me and for patients because
I can now point them in the right direction on how to improve the quality of
their lives.  Other employed health care professionals can get equipment
through Access to Work rather than spending lots of money themselves.  Lots
to learn!

Cherry