MESSAGE SENT ON BEHALF OF BARRY PERCY-SMITH

***** Apologies for cross posting*********

Dear Colleague

We are currently planning an edited book on the theory and practice of
children and young people's participation. We have had initial
discussions with Routledge who have now asked to see a detailed
proposal. We envisage a book that will be highly collaborative and
dialogic - so, rather than simply approaching a limited number of
individuals with requests to write a particular chapter, we are
circulating a wider group to ask for expressions of interest in making a
contribution. Our current thinking is that the book could include:

a)      Reports on practice in children's participation and the
different national and social contexts in which it takes place - mainly
intended to inform, but with some elements of critical reflection and
analysis too.

b)      Contributions to the theorising of children's participation -
grounded in different disciplines, and also international.

c)      Space for different styles of writing - 'think pieces' and field
reports as well as formal academic papers, contributions by children and
young people, and if possible a visual element too.

d)     Short passages of dialogue linking the chapters - both editorial
interventions and comment by chapter authors on others' contributions.

Would you be interested in making a contribution to such a book? If so
please contact one of us with your thoughts, preferably before the end
of March.

Best wishes,

Barry Percy-Smith

Nigel Thomas

This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended recipient only.  If you are not the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using, printing, copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any information contained in it.

We virus scan all E-mails leaving The University of Northampton but no warranty is given that this E-mail and any attachments are virus free.  You should undertake your own virus checking.  The right to monitor E-mail communications through our networks is reserved by us.