FYI – with apologies for cross-posting.

Does your organisation have an audience development officer, community projects manager or outreach worker who aims to build bridges with local communities and community groups? Someone based in education or marketing, who undertakes both outreach and internal advocacy to help your organisation learn more about target audiences? Or are you considering creating a role like this, and would like to increase your understanding of the benefits?

If so, come to our free event on 26th February to find out about our recent work on community engagement in the arts and cultural sector.  Our new report aims to shed light on this emerging practice, which combines elements of marketing, arts education and community development. We will also be launching a pilot learning programme for current workers, laying the groundwork for an accredited course we are developing for newcomers to the sector. The pilot course will recognise and articulate practitioners’ existing skills, and plug any gaps in knowledge.

The second part of our event will be a meeting of the Community Liaison Network, an informal networking opportunity for anyone in the arts and cultural sector working to create links between their organisation and the wider community.

Venue:             Whitechapel Gallery, 80-82 Whitechapel High Street, E1 7QX

Time:               Monday, 26th February 4.30 - 7pm (discussion, followed by informal networking at 5.50pm)

This event is for current practitioners, their colleagues and anyone interested in finding out more about the area. To book your place, please return the attached form and return it to this email address. If you would like to find out more about the event, or discuss your needs, please do feel free to give me a call on the number below.

Yours with best wishes

Francesca Raphaely
Community Engagement Officer
Audiences London