Doug,

My memory could be faulty, so it may be E, as you say.
I've always used a cashew, and for MP Rage T1 sequences it shows up
nicely. :)

cheers

martin

Doug Greve wrote:
> Vitamin B? I've heard of people using vitamin E before. E has a lot of
> fat in it, so it is often not visible on scans that use fat sat.
>
> Martin M Monti ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
>> Hi Kate,
>>
>> For your future scans, the cheapest way to tell R & L apart is to put a marker nearby one side of the subject's head (I use a small cashew for example -- I think I recal other people using B-vitamine capsules). It shows up nicely on the scan and allows you to
>> identify with 100% certainty which side is which. Also, if you do so in your next scan and then put the data through the same pipeline as your previous dataset it should answer your question..
>> cheers
>>
>>  martin

"Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin; but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever say in my life!" [Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland]

- Mais alors que dois-je devenir?
- Un curieux!
- Ce n’est pas un métier.
- Ce n’est pas encore un métier. Voyagez, écrivez, traduisez, apprenez à vivre partout. Commencez tout de suite. L’avenir est aux curieux de profession. [Truffaut - Jules et Jim]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. [E.A. Poe]

- “Contrariwise,” continued Tweedledee, “if it was so, it might be;
- and if it were so, it would be;
- but as it isn’t, it ain’t.
- That’s logic.” [Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass]

- "Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
- "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
- "I don't much care where-" said Alice.
- "Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.
- "As long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation.
- "Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough." [Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland]

Martin M. Monti
Princeton University
Department of Psychology
Green Hall 3-S-8