Hi Andrew,
Yep that approach works and is the standard way of doing things in the thesaurus world but I think what I'm getting at is that the two are separate concepts ie. One is an object and one is a material so the object BRICK shouldn't even be in the materials thesaurus.

As to concepts this is the way we want to move in EH.

See my diatribe that I'm just about to post.

Phil

Phil Carlisle
Data Standards Supervisor
English Heritage
National Monuments Record Centre
Kemble Drive
Swindon
SN2 2GZ
+44 (0)1793 414824

http://thesaurus.english-heritage.org.uk/

The information contained within this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee only. If you have received the e-mail in error, please inform the sender and delete it from your system. The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed to anyone else or copied without the sender's consent.

Any views and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of English Heritage. English Heritage will not take any responsibility for the views of the author.