Steven Shaviro's book 'The Cinematic Body' has a good chapter on Romero's zombies. B.K. Grant also has a good feminist analysis of the Romero films in his collection "The Dread of Difference," and Tony Williams provides a decent review of "Land of the Dead" in a recent issue of Rouge.

Patricia Molloy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear listpeople: I'm about to start writing a paper on Joe Dante's anti-war/zombie flick Homecoming (part of the Masters of Horror series) and am, frankly, rather illiterate on the zombie genre. Can anyone recommend some good writings on zombie flicks? I'm interested in the political/ideological aspect as the paper is called Zombie Democracy. Also, in browsing the horror fan sites and imdb message boards, I'm quite struck by all the negative postings (ie, Joe Dante hates America, is a communist etc). Is the American horror fan the equivalent of the country music fan? He's been outright Dixie Chicked on some of these sites! Thanks for any help/thoughts anyone can offer.

cheers,
patricia

* * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon. After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to. To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] For help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon. **

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business. * * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon. After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to. To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] For help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon. **