From: avy < [log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, 20 February, 2007 7:50:48 AM
Subject: Re: French or Francophone films on shame and guilt

Breaking the Waves by Lars Von Trier is an interesting film to look to.
It deals with not only the issues of guilt and shame but also the notion
that conscious abasement of the self can lead to salvation.
Avy

Sonja Bertucci wrote:
> Hello,
> I am working on shame and guilt in literature and film, and more
> precisely the way visual or literary exposition can lead to/ or depict
> shame and guilt.
> I was wondering if you could help me find some movies around this
> (Cache by Haneke, or I stand alone by Noe or example)
> Thanks for your help,
> sonja
>
> On Feb 19, 2007, at 12:31 PM, Henry Taylor wrote:
>
>> Shamefully I have to admit I came across Derrida & zombies in
>> "Introducing Derrida" (Jeff Collins, Bill Mayblin, Totem Books,
>> 1997), pp. 20-23. Intellectual fun for beginners!

>>> Henry: where does Derrida talk about zombies? I'm aware of his take
>>> on werewolves  of course which I used in a paper on Ginger Snaps
>>> (forthcoming in the next issue of JumpCut), though I focus much more
>>> on Agamben.
>>>
>>> cheers
>>> p.
>>>

>>> *Film-Philosophy Salon < [log in to unmask]
>>> <mailto: [log in to unmask]>> writes:
>>> *Derrida is interested in zombies in so far as they represent an
>>> instance of the binary alive/dead deconstruction, i.e. being undead
>>> they are both alive and dead at the same time.
>> * * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon. After hitting 'reply'
>> please always delete the text of the message you are replying to. To
>> leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to:
>> [log in to unmask] <mailto: [log in to unmask]>. For help
>> email: [log in to unmask]
>> <mailto:[log in to unmask] >, not the salon. **
>
> * * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon. After hitting 'reply'
> please always delete the text of the message you are replying to. To
> leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to:
> [log in to unmask]. For help email:
> [log in to unmask], not the salon. **

*
*
Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon.
To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask].
**

Inbox full of unwanted email? Get leading protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail.
* * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon. After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to. To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask]. For help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon. **