There's a 1996 philosophical article on zombies--specifically George Romero's zombie films called "From Night to Day: Nihilism and the Walking Dead" in Film and Philosophy (journal--ISSN # 1073-0427) by John Marmysz that might be useful.

Juneko

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 12:32 PM
Subject: zombie literature

Dear listpeople: I'm about to start writing a paper on Joe Dante's anti-war/zombie flick Homecoming (part of the Masters of Horror series) and am, frankly, rather illiterate on the zombie genre. Can anyone recommend some good writings on zombie flicks? I'm interested in the political/ideological aspect as the paper is called Zombie Democracy. Also, in browsing the horror fan sites and imdb message boards, I'm quite struck by all the negative postings (ie, Joe Dante hates America, is a communist etc). Is the American horror fan the equivalent of the country music fan? He's been outright Dixie Chicked on some of these sites! Thanks for any help/thoughts anyone can offer.

cheers,
patricia

* * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon. After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to. To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask]. For help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon. **