Just a brief reminder that the deadline for applications to direct a workshop at the Rennes Joint Sessions 11-16 April 2008 is 15th Feb 2007, and you can do it on-line. Remember to read the EXPLANATORY NOTES as failure to provide information relevant to all the bullet points and requirements severely handicaps any application in the competition. Veronique and I (and other former workshop directors, probably) can still read your drafts if you wish to take advantage of our informal Advisory College. This is not required, but it can be helpful. Remember that any workshop application must have BROAD APPEAL TO EUROPEAN POLITICAL SCIENTISTS as they constitute the Programme Committee and see the exercise in those terms. A 'theory-niche' application is very unlikely to succeed. The usual form is to phrase the topic so that it has 'empirical relevancy' and to ask for both kinds of papers (or to aks for everyone to provide empirical examples and analysis to go with any 'theory' compon!
 ent).
Best wishes,
Terrell

Professor Terrell Carver