Further to Wendy's posting re Did Not Attends please see the message copied
below for the information I have recently received from the SSIN Queries
team. I had asked for further guidance from the DfES as we have recently
received a number of letters from LEAs who will not pay for DNAs whatever
the reason for the DNA.

Previous DfES guidance was as follows:

There will be occasions where students fail to attend sessions with
non-medical helpers (NMHs) at short notice for reasons such as illness.  In
such circumstances we feel that the NMHs fee may still be paid from the DSA.
NMHs may otherwise lose income for that day and incur travel costs.

They may also have turned down other work on the cancelled date which they
were not able to accept at the time of the offer because of the prior
commitment but which was no longer available when the student cancelled the
session.

The SSIN update of July 2006 was similar. Please see
http://www.dfes.gov.uk/studentsupport/administrators/pdf/ACF9F58.pdf

However this does not seem to be the current practice that some LEAs are
following, which is why I sought further clarification. I will continue to
discuss the issue with the SSIN queries team as we have now built up a
substantial file of un-paid invoices.

Best wishes, Marie

Marie Norris

phone: 0845 833 9971

fax:     0845 833 9979

text/mobile: 07702 598408

text only:    07786 204296

www.clear-links.co.uk

Clear Links Support Ltd

Globe Works

Penistone Road

Sheffield S6 3AE

Please use the Globe Works address above for all correspondence.

Registered Office:

Wake Smith Solicitors

68 Clarkehouse Road

Sheffield S10 2LJ

This message and any attachments are confidential and should only be read by
those to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this message from your computer and destroy all copies. Any
views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the company.