-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Shareen Taylor
Sent: 06 February 2007 14:41
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: SpLD screening

Hi everyone

I am currently doing a project in a secondary school in London looking
at students with Specific Learning Differences. Part of my role is to
screen students to identify who is in the "high risk" category for
Dyslexia so that I can then invite them to attend some workshops on
study skills that I will be running.

Does anyone have any suggestions of screening tools that are effective
and efficacious at identifying SpLD in students aged 11-19. I have been
told that the DAST is used alot and know there is a primary and
secondary version of it available - but would like to know if anyone
uses anything else that is good? Also does anyone know of any group
screens that are available? We eventually want to screen the whole
school and I thought some group measures would be quicker to administer.

Thanks for any feedback

Shareen

Shareen Taylor
Learning and Teaching Co-ordinator (Project Officer)/
Learning Support Aid
Inclusion Department
QK School
Marlborough Hill