I think the answer to this is:

first, metadata does not usually contain information about the
intention or motivation for the property of the resource..
and
secondly, the values for the property allow you to say it is variable
or not variable, eg., but not how hard it is to re-code it - for sure
- sorry!

If you want to describe the resource as an example of bad encoding,
that can be done but not as a value for the font-flexibility
property. That is relevant to the subject or description properties,
IMHO.

Liddy