-----Original Message-----
From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bridget Brook
Sent: 01 February 2007 15:51
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [data-protection] CCTV Policy

Good Afternoon

I'm just reviewing our CCTV Policy and as often happens a couple of
issues
have come up at the same time

We use CCTV to protect buildings, staff and students like everyone else
does I'm sure.  We have used images to identify individuals carrying out

vandalism - and work on the basis that the images become personal data
at
that stage. Individuals are then told this data is held on them and
comes
under the Act etc etc

We have had a request to provide evidence to prove the time a staff
member
was on site - this can be available from viewing the camera at the
entrance. Can anyone give me some quick advice on whether this is
acceptable and what action needs to be taken if this route is taken - if

indeed it can be. Should we have had anything in place in advance of
this -
the IC's office says it's only at this point that we would need to take
action but should it be in the Staff Handbook?

Apologies, I'm sure this is a very basic topic for many of you but it's
not
one I've had to deal with before

If anyone is willing to share their CCTV policy with me I'd be very
grateful also

Thanks in anticipation

Bridget Brook
Central Services Manager
Sparsholt College

All user commands can be found at
 Any queries about sending or receiving messages please send to the list
owner
  Full help Desk - please email [log in to unmask] describing your
needs