>----- Original Message ----- From: "Roland Perry" <roland@INTERNETPOLIC
>YAGENCY.COM>

I am obliged to someone who has sent me the link to DWF policy on
providing information to the police (and others)-

http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/pdfs/DWP_Pers_Info_Policy_03.pdf

An aspect I hadn't considered before was the way such enquiries are
handled centrally, so that local DWP officials aren't tipped off about
the existence of sex offenders - which they would be if the police asked
"can you confirm the address of Mr Smith; need to know is: we are
updating our Sex Offenders register entry for him".

The original news report is at:

<http://www.kablenet.com/kd.nsf/Frontpage/FC3083E22F637FE380257288005BF4
53?OpenDocument>
--