From: Mathis Stock <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: RGS 2007 CFP: Alan Badiou and Human Geography
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 16:04:13 +0100

So, a new "French theorist" has been spotted: that's marvelous!

This must be the exotic, thus exciting part of (British/Anglo) "Human
geography" (by the way, I thought - after all those theoretical revolutions
and turns - the Vidalian expression "Human Geography" had no longer any
sense...).

But, can you imagine: there are "French theorists" even within geography!!

It would be a real challenge to engage with the theoretical propositions,
different in style and problematisation, from inside the field. But, maybe
it's easier to do some import/export with those more "exotic" French
thinkers...

All the best.
mathis

ps: there are "German", "Italian", "British" and so on theorists, too.