Edinburgh Event
Thanks Rebekah Wish I could come. I am most fed-up we can't meet up while you are here next week! Hope it goes well.
Jan
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Rebekah Pratt
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 3:27 PM
Subject: [COMMUNITYPSYCHUK] Edinburgh Event

Hi all,
If anyone happens to be in Edinburgh on March 2nd we are having a networking event …
All are welcome,
Best wishes,
Rebekah

Community Psychology Networking Event

12:30 – 1:30 Lunch

1:30 – 4:00pm Networking Event

Friday 2nd March 2007

Edinburgh University

20 West Richmond Street

Edinburgh EH8 9DX

(Come to the Mackenzie Medical Centre

and head up the stairs to the Seminar Room)

A ‘community’ focused networking event to discuss and share interests in community psychology and community guidance.  This event will be informal and low key but hopefully useful and a great chance to get to know some people with similar interests.

You will have an opportunity to shape the agenda on the day but our thoughts include: hearing about the projects we are involved in, sharing ideas and thoughts on ‘community’ and ‘participatory action research’, identifying helpful papers and resources, discussing future projects and looking for synchronicity.

A (flexible) outline for the afternoon:

1230:  Introductions over lunch
1330:  Welcome
1335:  Problematising ‘community’: are community psychologists and community guidance workers talking about the same thing?

1350:   Hearing from participants about their work and projects.
1450:   Problems with participatory action research, brief chat about the difficulties faced trying to implement p.a.r. both practically and ethically.

1520:   Discussion of helpful books, papers and other resources.
1540:   Ideas and plans for the future, what next?

If you want to come along or need more information, contact either:-

Rebekah Pratt: [log in to unmask]
or

Grant Jeffrey: [log in to unmask]

Rebekah Pratt
Research Fellow
Primary Care Mental Health Research and Development Programme
School of Clinical Sciences and Community Health - General Practice
The University of Edinburgh
20 West Richmond Street
Edinburgh, EH8 9DX
Tel: 0131 651 4141
[log in to unmask] http://www.chs.med.ed.ac.uk/gp/

The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.

___________________________________ COMMUNITYPSYCHUK - The discussion list for community psychology in the UK. To unsubscribe or to change your details visit the website: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/COMMUNITYPSYCHUK.HTML For any problems or queries, contact the list moderator Rebekah Pratt on [log in to unmask]