Hi Tim,

I thought that I had the problem figured out.  Since the PDB was
edited from a protein/DNA complex the ATOM numbering was not starting
with 1, but rather started with ~1000.  I thought this might be
throwing the import off.  I renumbered the PDB ATOM field from 1 - X
using Moleman and it didn't fix the problem like I thought.  Bummer?
Other than that I can't see any thing wrong wtih the PDB that I am
using.  I did send it to you, did you get it?

-J

On Feb 27, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Tim Stevens wrote:

>> I have an edited PDB file that I am trying to load into CCPNMR.  I
>> get the
>> following error when I try and load it.  Could it be that analysis
>> needs the
>> header information that was deleted from the original PDB file?
>> In analysis
>> I am only looking at the DNA portion of the Protien/DNA complex
>> that was
>> present in the original PDB.  I removed all coordiantes dealing
>> with the
>> Protien, so that just the DNA would be displayed.  This file is
>> completely
>> compatible with molecular viewing software, such as Pymol, so I
>> know that
>> the PDB file is not corrupt.  Any ideas....
>
> I'd be grateful if you could send me (only) the PDB file for testing.
>
> The structure might have loaded with the header info, but it shouldn't
> fail without it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> T.

> ---------
>  Dr Tim Stevens			Email: [log in to unmask]
>  Department of Biochemistry            [log in to unmask]
>  University of Cambridge        Phone: +44 1223 766018 (office)
>  80 Tennis Court Road	               +44 7816 338275 (mobile)
>  Old Addenbrooke's Site 	       +44 1223 364613 (home)
>  Cambridge  CB2 1GA	   	WWWeb: http://www.bio.cam.ac.uk/~tjs23
>  United Kingdom 		       http://www.pantonia.co.uk
> ---------
> ------ +NH3CH(CH(CH3)OH)C(O)NHCH(CH(CH3)CH2CH3)C(O)NHCH(CH2CH2SCH3)