Hi,

You may want to have a look at ShaFFT:

http://www.ibg.uu.se/static/exjobb/00/00005.pdf (the undergraduate project write-up)

You can download the program from ftp://xray.bmc.uu.se/pub/alwyn (file is shafft_export.tar)

Cheers,

Martin

On Feb 19, 2007, at 4:35 AM, Bernhard Rupp wrote:

Dear All:

I am trying to make FFTs of images of assemblies of
spheres and other shapes to explain diffraction, the
usual thing. So far I do this through cumbersome
cludges, and I bet there are better ways, and I
am looking for free or cheap software to do this.

I load the image into basic mathcad, dump it as a grayscale
array, SFT it with a F90 kludge (s=slow), and load the
transform back into MC and convert it into an image. However, what
I also want to do is generate a false color diffraction
pattern where the color is the phase. I believe this
is quite similar to the Fourier duck transforms Kevin Cowtan
made. I also recall a textbook were two crystallographers
were phase exchanged, so there got to be packages
that to what I want.

The mathcad image processing module is too expensive for my taste.

Any suggestions for software - maybe there is some software
out already to simulate diffraction from one, 2, 3 an array of
objects?

Cheers, br
Bernhard Rupp
www.ruppweb.org

 B. Martin Hallberg, PhD
 Molecular Cell Biology Program
 Department of Cell and Molecular Biology
 Karolinska Institute
 Nobels väg 3
 SE-171 77 Stockholm
 +46-704-242094