Dear all,

Please could you bring this advert to the attention of any potential
candidates?

A 4-year Ph.D. studentship in protein crystallography is available in
the Laboratory of Crystal and Structural Chemistry at Utrecht University.
The successful applicant will work on fascinating proteins and protein
complexes involved in the initial stages of blood platelet adhesion. A
major goal will be to reveal the structural basis for the intriguing
regulation of this process by shear stress caused by blood flow. The
work will involve many aspects of modern protein crystallography
including cloning, over-expression in E. coli and mammalian cells,
protein purification, crystallisation and crystal structure determination.

The protein crystallography group is part of the Bijvoet Centre for
Biomolecular Research, which also hosts state of the art NMR and
mass-spectroscopy groups and a protein expression facility that provides
an excellent infrastructure for protein production in mammalian cells
and E. coli. The Bijvoet Centre has an excellent PhD training program.
If you have further questions don't hesitate to contact me.

For full details on how to apply for this position please look at our
university website:
http://www.uu.nl/uupublish/homeuu/homeenglish/working/vacancies/25678main.html
The application deadline is march 6th 2007.

Dr. Eric G. Huizinga
Crystal and Structural Chemistry
Utrecht University
Padualaan 8