I would be very much afraid that the only way to get the masks
properly would be to edit them interactively.
I used to do that in the PHASES package by Bill Furey and MapViewX
which is still alive and kicking under the BnP flagship.

I am pretty sure though that Dr. DVD will be online soon and will
point out the correct succession of MAMA/RAVE/O commands ;-)

A.