Hi all,
I'm looking for some advices on some "general hints" on how to carry
out a MAD/SAD data collection.
We had SeMet crystals that diffracted to ca. 3.5 Angs, with anomalous
signal only at ca. 5-5.5 Angs, with diffraction decaying on brilliant
beamlines (ID29 or ID23 at the ESRF) in a matter of ca. 300
degrees... Needless to say, that was not sufficient to solve the structure...
We do have improved the crystals that look now nicer and bigger, and
have some beamtime next weeks both at BM16 and ID29 at the ESRF.
Assumed that we do see diffraction higher that 3 Angs, what would
people suggest?
Collecting first at the high energy remote for a SAD experiment and
then going for peak and inflection point, or rather going for the
peak first, then remote and ip?
I personally would avoid the continuous switch of wavelengths, but I
know there are some fans of this technique, either...
Let the gurus talk!
Any advice is obviously highly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Sebastiano and Claudio

--
Sebastiano Pasqualato, PhD