Hi Ibrahim!

>  I also found another package NAMOT (from Bill's website, thanks Bill); I
> managed to install the package on MacOs PPC using fink.
>
>  However, I have a problem to run the program: issuing "namot" on the
> command line starts the program for a second (flashing the Gui of Namot) and
>
> returns the error: Creating shared mem segment: Cannot allocate memory
> 2800*700=1960000

I am sorry I missed this the first time around; I've been sucked into the
vortex of interminable intro chem teaching...

I've seen this bug a number of times and have filed a bug report. It is
hard to reproduce, but if you reboot it works.  There is a real cockroach
of a bug that is harder to fix, however -- it messes up the phosphate
linkages between G and U I think.

I haven't however touched that program since Paul put an RNA builder in
Coot.  If you have coot, go to

Calculate > Other Modelling Tools > Ideal DNA/RNA and you can generate an
A-form helix or a single strand of RNA, and then manipulate it to your
heart's content.

I hope that helps.

Bill