Yes I think you're right Jimmy -  having to log in and out does cramp the spontaneity reply - so I've gone off that suggestion.

Cheers,
G.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: JIMMY CUMMINS
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 12:24 PM
  Subject: Fw: Just a thought

  as someone who doesn't contribute to the list a huge amount but has been lurking and reading all the post for a number of years. these are my few pennies worth.
  forums always seem to me a lot less conversation based and a lot more like a notice board. i know this list has been referred to as a notice board before but structure wise it is a lot more LIVE. at times content wise all it is is notices. but content is governed by list members.
  so i wouldn't be in favour of a forum. i like the structure of a mailing list. i check  my email everyday and wouldn't like to have to log onto a forum website and go in and out off different forum rooms to see what is being said where.

  In saying that i like the odd bit of personal conversation within the list and maybe a bit more wouldn't be a bad thing. I like reading Rupert's post about his job. it is interesting to me how poets make their "real life" money. Especially those not in academia. at the present moment i work 3 days on 3 days off 12 hour shifts. not at all poetic. and for those in academia it is interesting to find out how they got into it. and why. and also how poets can balance/juggle a job, loved ones, family, friends, children along with anything else life has to offer and still find time to write.
  basically it is interesting to me to find out about all the varied types or people who all have this one very specific thing in common.  poetry.
  so lets talk...chances are poetry will be the main talking point seeing as it is why we are all here and not on yahoo chat.
  a/s/l  anyone..
   lets not talk about why the list is "not what it used to be" or how those in charge should take charge and change things. the Internet is user generated...so lets generate.

  i kinda veered off into a call to arms towards the end. not sure how that happened. If THEY catch wind of this I will be first against the wall when the revolution comes.  I will go now and retreat back into my two up two down cave before i get myself in anymore trouble.
  until then
  Jimmy

  www.defaultpublishing.com
  DE-FAULT, the two best words in the English language