From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">mairead byrne
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: Just a thought

Actually I'm in Roam.  No, I mean Heaven.
What I dispute (always have to dispute something) is the Mrs. Boss angle.  I see myself more as a clerical worker in relation to this list.  Or a concierge.
Gerladine indicates a history of clamp-downs in terms of subject matter.  This doesn't strike a bell with me.
I think each writer should strike out for herself/himself.  It may be my personal ambition, as yet unachieved, to talk only in poetry.  I also happen to read pretty much everything Rupert writes as poetry.  I'm kinda mixed up.  Somebody mentioned Geraldine's recipes.  Well that sends a frisson down my Roma.
Of course everyone should write as they like, as broadly or narrowly as they like.
I don't think we need to formally declare an open or closed season.  Ian mentions the creme de la creme of focussed discussion on poetics; well we've been drinking skimmed milk for a while.
But the main thing I want to say is, I'm Mrs. Go-fer, and Mrs. Hey guys be faithful to the Welcome Message.  But British & Irish Poets is very polygamous; your list needs you; you could be next up for the clerical, etc duties.
Mairead