Fellini's Roma is not in verse but it's a poma.
Mairead

On 2/1/07, Edmund Hardy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
What films which are either all in verse, or a direct filming of a poem -
with the poem intact as the script (so that Onegin film that flopped doesn't
count) - have people come across? Lots of Shakespeare, and further afield...

Andrzej Wajda's film of 'Pan Tadeusz' was a big hit in Poland in 1999, but
then I think it is regarded as the national poem. Confusingly it begins
"Litwo! Ojczyzno moja! ty jesteś jak zdrowie", "O Lithuania, my country,
thou art like good health"

Then there was that Sally Potter film 'Yes' but she wrote the poem-script
herself, and it made me cringe.

Also, the appearance of poems in films interests me. Scripts which are all
quotation. Films which are mixtures of original and modern text, like
Rohmer's Perceval. Or a poem as a shining thread among others, Browning's
'Pied Piper' in Egoyan's The Sweet Hereafter...

How to film a poem? In an interview, Godard talks the poetry of cinema lying
in the cut between two faces facing each other - and then he says that in
silent cinema, the cut from text "Macbeth's Castle" to a shot of a castle is
an example of the constellation of poetry, text and image where neither
dominates but each requires the other.

Edmund

Have you tried Windows Live Spaces? Tell us what you think!
https://www.msnfeedback.com/perseus/surveys/961278308/6653c632.htm