Apologies for reposting. I understand some people received my previous
email as an attachment which they could not read.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Users reading this list will be pleased to hear that the lift renovations
detailed in our posting of 8 December were completed on schedule and we
have now returned to our usual production arrangements.
Anyone wishing to order material in advance of visit is still most welcome
to do so via our email ([log in to unmask]) or telephone (0121 303
4217) contacts.

Zoe Rees
Archivist
Birmingham City Archives

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Birmingham City Archives - Notice of Reduced Service

The lifts in Central Library are currently experiencing repeated
breakdowns. To rectify this the Goods lift will shortly be taken out of
service from Monday 11th December until approximately January 27th 2007.
This will prevent the City Archives from fetching documents from our
basement store in the usual way. Please telephone 0121 303 4217 in advance
of your visit, to ascertain whether we will be able to serve your requests.
While the lift is out of service we will only be able to retrieve archives
that are small and light. We will only be able to do two document
collections per day, one before the start of day at 10 am, and one between
2 - 3pm. If you wish to visit us in the morning, please contact us at least
one day before your visit so that we can collect your documents. If you
wish to visit us in the afternoon, please make sure that we have your
request by 12 noon. On Saturdays, only one document collection will be made
before we open, so please order the day before. We apologise for any
inconvenience this may cause you. Not all of our archives will be affected
by this reduced service, e.g. Parish Registers, Archives of Soho, Hardman
Collection will be served as normal.

Birmingham City Archives December 2006