Hello all,

If anyone has any thoughts, or can offer advice on this I would be
grateful.

I have been approached by one of our depositors who is also Chair
of of Conservation Advisory Group, about a
paid project for a postgrad student.

Basically she wants someone to catalogue, sort and weed
all material relating to an exhibition and book of 2000.
The catalogue exists but probably needs redoing according to modern
standards.

The collection consists of 40 large card panels (c.4x3
feet) with photographic images stored in 3 or 4 boxes.  It comprises
photographic panels; negatives; annotations and correspondence.
 She estimates the work would take maybe 2-3 weeks.  She would also like
the person to find a suitable institution to accept the archive in its
final form as a permanent gift.

My questions are these:

1) How much do you think is a reasonable wage?
2) What are the restrictions on students working (I
think they can do 18 hours per week, but what about
part-timers)?

Plus, if anyone has any advice on the storage of b&w negatives, please
could you share it?!

Many thanks in advance.